Reshape Crepey Skin Wrinkle Smoothing Cream
ReShape Crepey Skin Wrinkle Smoothing Cream is formulated for crepey skin on your arms, legs, neck, face, hands, and body. It is formulated to increase hydration by up to 88% with its Aquaspheres.
It contains hyaluronic acid and soluble collagen to hydrate and moisturize dry, thin crepey skin and to help replenish the look of skin elasticity. Its vegan, cruelty-free, and made in the USA.
This crepey skin cream comes in an easy-to-use pump container. It has a lightweight feel on the skin and absorbs quickly without any greasiness. As you can see from the list below, it is loaded with skin-loving ingredients.
Derma E Crepey Skin Repair Treatment: Key Ingredients
- Butyrospermum Parkii Butter: A plant fat from the African Shea tree that is a natural emollient, skin softener, and moisture-binding agent. Shea butter is also rich in antioxidants that help to protect the skin from environmental aggressors.
- Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter: Cocoa butter is a plant fat that is extracted from cocoa beans. It contains antioxidants and fatty acids that moisturize, protect, and heal the skin.
- Plum, Cranberry, and Apple Extracts: Part of Derma Es Anti-Crepe Complex that supports collagen health and skin hydration.
- Tocopheryl Acetate : A fat-soluble vitamin that acts as an antioxidant to protect the skin from damage caused by free radicals.
- Retinol: This vitamin A derivative increases cell turnover, improves skin tone, and reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Retinol is an all-star over-the-counter anti-ager.
- Caffeine: A stimulant that helps tighten and firm the skin.
- Bakuchiol: A plant-based retinol alternative that has been shown to be just as effective at reducing photoaging as retinoids yet is better tolerated.
- Panthenol: A provitamin of B5 that helps soothe and heal the skin.
- Allantoin: A botanical extract from the comfrey plant that calms irritation and helps repair the skin.
- Copper Peptides: Improve skin thickness and firmness.
- Resveratrol: An antioxidant that protects the skin from collagen-degrading free radicals.
Preventions And Skincare Tips:
- Avoid sunlight exposure-
As we know that sunlight is a major factor for crepey skin. The UV radiations disturb the protein synthesis eventually compromising the working of collagen and elastin. Hence, it is widely recommended by dermatologists to avoid excessive exposure to sunlight. And while you are under the sun, use sunscreens and SPF formulated lotions to avoid skin damage.
- Make skin hydration and moisturization a priority.
When you reach your forties, eventually the oil production limits to a certain amount. These natural oils are responsible to protect the skin from environmental chemicals and toxicities. When this oil production gets compromised, the skin gets much drier and more exposed.
So, it is vital to moisturize and hydrate your skin daily. You can use lotions, moisturizers, creams, and various oils, etc. for proper moisturization of the skin.
Hyaluronic acid, retinol, coconut oils, argan oils, olive oils, vitamin-C and E serums, etc are some ingredients that keep your skin smooth and subtle.
- Consume healthy.
A proper diet is what keeps your body and ultimately your skin healthier and younger. Apart from doing topical care, the inner health of your body is also crucial. Doctors recommend eating such foods that give you energy and keeps your skin hydrated. The better a diet, the lesser the chances of early ageing.
- Exfoliate periodically.
Don’t Miss: Natural Face Moisturizer For Sensitive Skin
Who Is Gold Bond Crepe Corrector For
Gold Bond Crepe Corrector can be used by all skin types, including those with normal, oily, combination, dry, or sensitive skin. It is a solution for the following skin concerns:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
The brand claims that stress response proteins and vitamin E are the key ingredients in Gold Bond Crepe Corrector that help to correct crepey skin. The formula does contain both of these ingredients, as well as many other supporting ingredients. Lets take a closer look at the research that supports the purported benefits of these ingredients.
Best With Retinol: Lilyana Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
Courtesy of Amazon
Can be used morning and night
For those interested in a retinol-infused formula, we suggest LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream. The mild yet effective lotion helps combat the appearance of fine lines, acne scars, and dullness while moisturizing with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, green tea extract, and vitamin E.
Active Ingredients: Retinol, hyaluronic acid, aloe vera, vitamin E, green tea extract| Skin Type: Mature, acne-prone | Size: 1.7 ounces | Cruelty-Free: Yes| No
Meet the Expert
- Dr. Adebola Dele-Michael, MD FAAD, is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in cosmetic dermatology and dermatologic surgery. She is the founder of Radiant Skin Dermatology & Laser in New York.
- Dr. Lucy Chen, MD, FAAD, is a board-certified dermatologist specializing in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology at Riverchase Dermatology in Miami, Florida.
Also Check: Best Face Wash For Dry Skin
What Are The Key Ingredients In Gold Bond Crepe Corrector
For being a drug store body lotion, Gold Bond Crepe Corrector actually contains a pretty decent combination of beneficial ingredients, including hydroxyethyl urea, dimethicone, petrolatum, stress response proteins , and AcquaCell. Below well discuss how these ingredients may benefit your skin.
After water, the highest concentration ingredient in Gold Bond Crepe Corrector is hydroxyethyl urea, a synthetic ingredient that functions as a humectant moisturizer. A humectant is a hygroscopic substance that has a molecular structure with several hydrophilic groups. This structure allows humectants to attract and retain the moisture in the air nearby via absorption, drawing the water vapor into or beneath the surface. Therefore, hydroxyethyl urea is an excellent ingredient for dry skin that is in need of hydration.
In fact, studies have found that hydroxyethyl urea can deliver moisturization efficacy comparable to glycerin, one of the most common humectants used in skin care products. Humectants also provide temporary anti-aging effects because the extra hydration is extra volume, which effectively plumps out the skin and makes lines and wrinkles less noticeable. However, this effect is transient as soon as the moisture content in skin decreases, lines and wrinkles will return to normal size.
What To Look For In A Lotion For Crepey Skin
There are in-clinic treatments for crepey skin, but those can be costly and even invasive. Often, you can treat this condition yourself by applying specialized lotion regularly. To find the right type of lotion, look for the following properties:
Anti-aging ingredients are essential if you want to get rid of crepey skin for good. Retinol, which is derived from vitamin A, is one of the most common ingredients in anti-aging lotions. You may also opt for those that have alpha-hydroxy acids like lactic acid, glycolic acid, citric acid, tartaric acid, and malic acid.
While anti-aging lotions innately have skin repairing properties, itll work even better if you find one that boosts cellular turnover and consequently improves the skins natural ability to rejuvenate and heal itself. So, find a lotion with potent antioxidants to help replace or restore skin lipids that have been depleted. Ingredients like panthenol and niacinamide are also helpful in repairing the skin.
Moisture is key to skin repair and rejuvenation. So, find a lotion that offers intense hydration through ingredients like glycerin, ceramides, and even essential oils. You might also want to try something with hyaluronic acid, a powerful humectant that also has potent anti-aging benefits.
You May Like: What’s Basal Cell Carcinoma
Strivectin Crepe Control: Key Ingredients
- Jojoba Seed Extract: Contains vitamin E, vitamin B complex, and fatty acids.
- Turmeric Root Extract: Offers anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Butter Blend: This blend of shea murmuru and capuacu butters nourish and moisturize the skin leaving it ultra-smooth and soft.
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38: Also known as Matrixyl synthe6, this peptide can help boost collagen and hyaluronic acid.
This crepey skin cream also contains caffeine, known for its antioxidant and microcirculation benefits, plus moisturizing shea butter and glycerin.
The cream is chock full of fruit and plant extracts, including apple, cranberry, sweet cherry, kiwi, pomegranate, blackberry, red algae, rosemary leaf, and sunflower extracts. These plant extracts are known for their emollient, soothing, moisturizing, and antioxidant benefits.
This cream for crepey skin can be used on the body twice a day. Since it is on the more expensive end of the price spectrum, you may want to concentrate the cream on specific areas of concern where crepiness is most prevalent.
It is formulated by Strivectin, a skincare brand with over 35 years of biomedical research that focuses on high-performance formulas for aging and changing skin.
Adamia Therapeutic Repair Lotion is the perfect affordable skincare treatment for damaged, distressed and crepey skin. Combining science and nature, this lotion uses macadamia nut oil and Adamias skincare therapy complex.
Medix 55 Retinol Cream With Ferulic Acid Crepey Body Lotion
Medix 5.5 Retinol Cream is a powerful fighter of both sagging skin and crepey skin . The cream is a powerful conditioner and contains Retinol which diminishes the appearance of line, wrinkles, darks spots and improves elasticity and skin tone.
The cream comes in a hefty 15oz bottle and is one of the cheaper alternatives on the market right now.
Full Ingredients List:
Water , Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Ceteareth-20, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Retinol, Ferulic Acid, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract, Oryza Sativa Bran Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Isopropyl Myristate, Cetearyl Phosphate, Polyglyceryl-2 Stearate, Synthetic Beeswax, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide
Medix brings Aloe and Shea Butter just like our first two choices, as well as the power of Retinol as well as a host of plant extracts
Its a great list, but we cant help but wonder why more powerful ingredients werent included in the list. This product gets a solid B+ in ingredients and composition.
Customer praise its non-greasy formula and its ability to quickly be absorbed and moisten the skin.
Recommended Reading: Will Skin Cancer Show Up In Blood Work
What Vitamin Is Good For Crepey Skin
There are four vitamins, three major antioxidants, and one fatty acid that all assist your skin in various ways. Notably, in tightening your crepey skin.
- Vitamin A: Associated with healing your skin, and assisting your skins immune system. Also helpful for maintaining moisturization in your skin.
- Vitamin C: Direct protection from sun damage, which is one of the key reasons that causes crepey skin in the first place.
- Vitamin D: Fights inflammation, which can expedite skin damage and lead to crepey skin. Inflammation is constant expansion and retraction of the skin.
- Vitamin E: Cell function and immune system support. Linked to reducing UV damage to your skin, which can cause crepey skin.
- Carotenoids: Carotenoids, of which the most common is beta carotene, is helpful to prevent oxidation in the skin.
- Tocopherols: Indirect benefits to the skin, but effective to help your body in a variety of ways.
- Flavonoids: Indirect benefits to the skin, but effective to help your body with hydration.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3s are found in foods such as fish and flaxseed. These help your body in well over a dozen ways, including reducing premature aging.
Eucerin Advanced Repair Cream 16 Oz
If youre looking for a deeply moisturizing body moisturizer for a really affordable price and a huge quantity, Eucerin Advanced Repair Cream fits the bill.
Im not saying that all your crepey skin will be gone. It might smooth out the skin a bit but it wont have miraculous results.
But its an awesome body lotion for daily perfectly hydrating the skin. Its something everyone should do after their evening shower. Or in the morning.
Eucerin Advanced Repair Cream has some really nice ingredients: glycerin, urea, shea butter, sodium lactate and lactic acid, ceramide, and arginine .
You May Like: Itchy Bumps On Skin Spreading
Best Body Lotion For Crepey Skin: Reviewed In 2022
As we age, while we may remain young at heart, our skin begins showing tell-tale signs of wear from time, gravity and our environment. The market for skin care products has advanced tremendously in the last 20 years and has created a chance for us to reverse and erase some of these age tells. Like the best body lotion for crepey skin that we review in this article.
OUR WINNER IS:
Crepey skin has a specific root cause that can be reversed to a degree. As we age our body stops producing collagen and elastin, the two proteins that give our skin the young and resilient feel in our youth. This causes wrinkles, saggy skin and you guessed itcrepiness, in our skin.
The skin creams and lotions that help with crepey skin will work by first and foremost moisturizing the area, helping the body get the nutrients it needs to build collagen and elastin as well as trigger the repair mechanisms in the skin and help restore the skins internal support structure that slowly degrades over time.
Lets look at the top crepey skin lotions and creams available on the market right now and see how well they live up to the claims.
Other Ways To Treat Crepey Skin
Healthy skin needs much more than these body lotions and creams. These products are only a part of your skincare but they are not the complete skincare. If you want a younger-looking ever glowing skin then you have to work for it. Here we have summarized some skincare tips and preventions that work exceptionally well against the crepey skin. All these preventions, skincare tips, remedies, and treatments are dermatologists recommended and 100% effective.
Also Check: Stomach Radio Frequency Skin Tightening
Why Trust Momjunction
Poulami Nag is a beauty and personal care product writer and reviewer. Her articles guide her readers in selecting the best available products on the market. After carefully analyzing the ingredients, safety, and other vital aspects, she has compiled a list of some of the best body lotions for crepey skin. Poulami has included the pros and cons of each product and a buying guide to help you make an informed choice.
How To Use An Anti
- Apply enough product onto your skin. When it comes to using the body lotion, make sure that you lather it on generously.
- Apply all over your body. Dont forget that your legs are just as important as your hands and require equal amounts of moisturization.
- Use a product that best suits your skin type. Whether you have dry, oily, or sensitive skin, make sure to choose the right products with effective ingredients that are most likely to work for you.
- Choose natural products. There are various products available in the market, but choose those that contain essential vitamins and nutrients, in the form of organic ingredients.
Excessive exposure to the sun, hot waves, or cold waves can make your skin dull and dry. Also, you cant escape or reverse the aging process, but you can minimize the appearance of aging signs like fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots by using certain skin care products. So, it is best to invest in lotions enriched with anti-aging and hydrating properties. These anti-aging body lotions smoothen your skin and minimize the visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. However, you should opt for nourishing body lotions free from parabens and sulfates and steer clear of products that trigger redness or irritation.
Read Also: How Quickly Does Skin Cancer Appear
Why Youll Love It
As the name suggests, Crepe Erase Advanced Body Repair Treatment specifically targets crepey skin on the body. It tackles the hydration, firming and antioxidant needs of crepey skin. Since Crepe Erase recommends using this lotion after exfoliating off dead skin cells . This intensive body repair treatment has both scented and unscented versions available.
At USD $69.95 for 10oz on their website, this is a worthwhile investment for a high quality daily body moisturizer. It wont completely reverse crepey skin but it will hydrate and firm skin with regular use.
Ingredients To Look For
When searching for products to help with these skin care concerns, be on the lookout for a few specific ingredients. Dr. Ugonabo says retinoids and peptides can help to stimulate your body to produce more collagen, which leads to firmer skin. Additionally, Dr. Russak suggests checking for products containing peptides and antioxidantsincluding but limited to vitamin C, matrix metalloproteinases inhibitors, hyaluronic acid, and hyaluronidase inhibitors.
You May Like: What Can Be Mistaken For Skin Cancer
Bloom Collagen Firming Cream For Body And Face
Let us introduce a firming cream that quenches dry skin and helps you get rid of crepey texture using ingredients such as collagen and aloe vera. It absorbs quickly and doesnt irritate. You can apply it on hands, arms, feet, thighs, legs, neck, chest, and face.
It features green tea extracts that have soothing properties. In addition, it improves the appearance of sun-damaged skin. The cream is highly moisturizing and doesnt leave your skin feeling greasy.
Consumers reported that the product fixed deep wrinkles reduced fine lines, and made their skin look firmer only after a couple of weeks. It also helps with crows feet.
It also contains chamomile and aloe that soothes your skin. The product also has mineral oil that has gotten a bad rap lately. But its highly refined and rarely causes skin irritation. You can learn more about mineral oil myths here.
Other than crepey skin, it also helps with stretch marks and cellulite. Massage it gently in upward circular motions to get the best results.