The Best Folic Acid Test Kits
- taking iron, vitamin B12, or folate supplements
- taking medication or getting treatment to manage ongoing medical conditions
- covering your hands or feet in warm water or a warm washcloth, if you have frostbite
- cooling off, hydrating, and getting out of constricting clothes or accessories, if you have heat exhaustion
- consuming glucose tablets, juice, or other fast-acting carbohydrates, if you have hypoglycemia
- lifestyle measures to improve poor circulation, such as:
- avoiding or quitting smoking
- surgery, usually only in severe cases of acute blood loss or for treatment of arterial blockage
Skin Whitening Ingredients To Get Fair Skin Permanently:
Most of these ingredients get rid of hyperpigmentation, melanin, uneven skin tone and make skin bright in the process. These skin creams work by inhibiting the enzyme tyrosinase which is important for melanin production in the body. See if your doctor can prescribe you creams containing glutathione, tretinoin, kojic acid dipalmitate, vitamin C, ascorbic acid, resorcinol, arbutin, retinol, alpha arbutin, azelaic acid, mulberry extract, liquorice, bearberry extract, white mulberry extract, rosehip extract, lactic acid, glycolic acid etc.
Lightening The Skin Tone Also Helps With Pigmentation Problems
Lightening the tone of your skin by opting for skin-whitening treatment techniques is not only for beauty related woes, but also can help with most pigmentation problems. These treatments that are carried out in any of the laser clinic in Sydney can also help with lightening tans, getting rid of scars and eliminating dark portions on the skin.
Quite a few topical skin lightening lotions and creams are available in the market, which mostly contain chemicals such as azelaic acid and hydroquinone.
Find the Eden Laser Clinic thats closest to you
You May Like: How To Prevent Melanoma Cancer
Disadvantages In High Sunlight
Light-skinned people living in high sunlight environments are more susceptible to the harmful UV rays of sunlight because of the lack of melanin produced in the skin. The most common risk that comes with high exposure to sunlight is the increased risk of sunburns. This increased risk has come along with the cultural practice of sunbathing, which is popular among light-skinned populations. This cultural practice to gain tanned skin if not regulated properly can lead to sunburn, especially among very lightly-skinned humans. The overexposure to sunlight also can lead to basal cell carcinoma, which is a common form of skin cancer.
Another health implication is the depletion of folate within the body, where the overexposure to UV light can lead to megaloblastic anemia. Folate deficiency in pregnant women can be detrimental to the health of their newborn babies in the form of neural tube defects, miscarriages, and spina bifida, a birth defect in which the backbone and spinal canal do not close before birth. The peak of neural tube defect occurrences is the highest in the MayâJune period in the Northern Hemisphere. Folate is needed for DNA replication in dividing cells and deficiency can lead to failures of normal embryogenesis and spermatogenesis.
Apply The Papaya Mask
Ripe papaya helps you to have light skin tone by treating your skin both internally and externally. What you can do is eat papaya regularly and it will give you light skin by treating you from inside. Or what else you can do is take a slice from papaya and rub its inner skin on the face. Leave it for a few minutes and wash it off with cold water. You can also mash the papaya to make a thick paste and apply it to the affected area. Do it daily and it will bring a glow to the skin.
Read Also: How Is Squamous Cell Skin Cancer Treated
Other Useful Tips To Make Your Skin Fair And White:
- Light skin is very much prone to sensitivity and can be damaged if you stay out in the sun for long periods of time. Use a natural sunscreen all year round to protect your light skin.
- If you have redness on the face due to pimples, then you can use makeup products like concealer and foundation to minimize the redness.
- Wash your face twice a day with normal water. Avoid using harsh soaps. It can cause dry skin and even some skin problems. If you have fair and sensitive skin then avoid using a face cloth.
- Always remove your makeup before going to sleep. It will help you to get a flawless and beautiful skin.
- Use eggs as a natural facial mask. It contains vitamins, nutrients, and proteins which are necessary for the good health of the skin.
- Massage your skin with coconut oil. It keeps the skin soft, supple and glowing. Do this daily and see amazing results within a few days.
- Use a good face scrub to exfoliate the skin every week. This is very necessary to maintain the beauty of your skin. Apply natural moisturizers like milk, honey, and yogurt daily on your skin.
- Avoid exposing yourself to direct sunlight. Wear covered clothes, hats, and sunglasses to protect yourself from UV rays. Wear loose cotton clothes so that your skin can breathe.
How To Make Your Skin Lighter In 7 Effective Ways
Dark spots, freckles, acne scars, and an uneven skin tone are just some of the obstacles on the never-ending quest for clearer, lighter skin.
Beauty has been associated with having a fair complexion since the beginning of time. The desire for a lighter skin tone can be traced back to as early as the Nara Period in Japan when women painted their faces white with a powder called oshiroi. Fast-forward to the 21st century: Thanks to advancements in science and medical research, there are now countless skin-lightening products on the market that are safe for long-term use.
Before buying these products, it’s wise to know the difference between skin lightening and skin whitening so that you are aware of the benefits and risks of each method. After learning that, you can make safe changes to your daily routine to prevent your skin from turning darker. Knowing which skin lightening ingredients work will also help to resolve the issue of darker skin tone and pigmentation.
Recommended Reading: What Causes Basal Cell Carcinoma On The Face
Tips To Lighten Your Skin Tone:
Here are some tips you need to keep in mind to avoid a dark to fair complexion.
- Get rid of the build-up of dead skin cells by exfoliating regularly.
- Sleep deprivation has extreme effects on your health, and that shows on your skin. Therefore make sure you get enough sleep.
- Keep yourself hydrated by drinking an ample amount of water, which helps add a radiant glow to your skin by flushing out toxins.
- Protect your skin from harmful sun rays by applying sunscreen indoors and outdoors.
- Moisturize your skin twice a day.
- Smoking deprives your skin of nutrients and oxygen, resulting in many side effects. Stop smoking.
- Maintain healthy food habits a healthy body reflects beauty onto your face.
Apply The Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe-vera gel can be a called a perfect remedy to get fair skin naturally at home. What you have to do is apply some fresh gel, extracted from the leaf. Aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice helps in curing many problems. If you have an aloe vera plant then that is best for you, else you can buy packed aloe vera gel from market. It is great at eliminating hyper-pigmentation of the skin. It also removes marks and scars from the skin and thus can be used effectively to get clear skin. In order to use it to get lighter skin, take a fleshy leaf of aloe vera and cut it into two. Now extract the gel from the leaf and apply it on the face. Allow it to settle for 15-20 minutes and then wash it off with water. Do it daily and you will get the desired results. Read article aloe vera for acne treatment at home.
Also Check: What Does Skin Cancer Look And Feel Like
Trying Other Home Remedies
Caring For Your Skin Daily
Read Also: Is Melanoma Rough And Scaly
Using Proven Products And Treatments
Using Unverified Home Remedies
Advantages In Low Sunlight
Humans with light skin pigmentation living in low sunlight environments experience increased vitamin D synthesis compared to humans with dark skin pigmentation due to the ability to absorb more sunlight. Almost every part of the human body, including the skeleton, the immune system, and brain requires vitamin D. Vitamin D production in the skin begins when UV radiation penetrates the skin and interacts with a cholesterol-like molecule produce pre-vitamin D3. This reaction only occurs in the presence of medium length UVR, UVB. Most of the UVB and UVC rays are destroyed or reflected by ozone, oxygen, and dust in the atmosphere. UVB reaches the Earth’s surface in the highest amounts when its path is straight and goes through a little layer of atmosphere.
The farther a place is from the equator, the less UVB is received, and the potential to produce of vitamin D is diminished. Some regions far from the equator do not receive UVB radiation at all between autumn and spring. Vitamin D deficiency does not kill its victims quickly, and generally does not kill at all. Rather it weakens the immune system, the bones, and compromises the body’s ability to fight uncontrolled cell division which results in cancer. A form of vitamin D is a potent cell growth inhibitor thus chronic deficiencies of vitamin D seem to be associated with higher risk of certain cancers. This is an active topic of cancer research and is still debated.
The Danger Of Cosmetics
Most skin-lightening treatments target the skins ability to produce pigment, or melanin, which gives skin, hair and eyes their colour. Everyone has about the same number of cells to make melanin, but how much you actually produce is down to your genes. Having more natural melanin means darker-skinned people tend to develop fewer wrinkles and are less at risk of skin cancer.
Skin-lightening creams often aim to interrupt the production of melanin or just improve the general health of the skin. They can contain a natural ingredient such as soy, liquorice or arbutin, sometimes combined with the medical lightening agent hydroquinone .
Mercury was also previously found in some lightening creams and soaps, according to the World Health Organisation. Mercury suppresses the production of melanin, but can also damage the kidneys and brain if it is absorbed by the skin and accumulates in the body.
Other lightening methods include a chemical peel, which removes the top layer of your skin leaving fresher skin exposed to harmful solar radiation and environmental pollutants. Laser treatments offer an even more aggressive approach by breaking up a skins pigmentation, sometimes with damaging results.
Theres a pressure on Indian men and women, says Dr Sujata Chandrappa, a Bengaluru-based dermatologist. They have some role model in their head and they want to get there no matter what. Thats the wrong concept.
Read Also: Why Do I Have Brown Spots On My Skin
What Causes Your Skin To Darken
Melanin is the root cause of most pigmentation issues. For instance, sunspots and melasma occur due to excess melanin deposited in the dermis. Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation happens when theres an overproduction or uneven distribution of melanin after the skin becomes inflamed. Freckles, a natural condition caused by genetics, are skin cells that contain melanin.
To lighten your skin and resolve these pigmentation issues, it only makes sense to target melanin production in your skin. But how exactly is melanin produced?
What Is Skin Lightening
As the name suggests, skin lightening refers to using products or processes to lighten your skin color as well as acne blemishes, age spots, sun spots, and so on. The change is usually gradual and happens over a longer period. Skin lightening also involves the use of melanin-inhibiting ingredients, both natural and synthetic, to achieve a lighter skin tone.
Don’t Miss: How To Know If It’s Skin Cancer